The University of Manchester is delighted to be hosting this nationally recognised researcher leadership course.
Do you want to...
· develop your leadership skills?
· explore the concept of leadership?
· build confidence in your leadership style?
· develop and maintain a sense of direction?
· influence people towards a common goal?
· make a difference at the University of Manchester?
What's in it for me?
· explore leadership both in theory and in practice
· receive feedback on your leadership style and how you can develop it
· learn more about your strengths and weaknesses
· understand your personal values and how you make decisions
· recognise your achievements and how to use these to create future success
· understand the impact you have on those who you are leading
· identify how these skills can benefit you in your current role
· take a few days out from your research both physically and mentally, and have some space in which to consider yourself and your next steps
What will it involve?
· The course will be attended by up to 36 researchers from different disciplines and career stages. The course will be led by a team of experienced facilitators who will work with you throughout the 3 days to support your learning. They will be from a variety of backgrounds with experience in leadership, academia and other sectors.
· This course takes a ‘learning by doing' approach. There will be presentations on leadership theory, but for the most part, you will be actively participating in the sessions and activities.
· This is an intensive 3 day non-residential course. By registering for the course you are committing to attend the course in full (from 09:00-17:15 on each day). Part attendance is not acceptable.
What other researchers say about the course:
· 96% participants would recommend this course to other researchers
· Where to start? - it was challenging, demanding, thought provoking, informative.
· I attended the ‘Leadership in Action' course expecting to pick up a few tips, the odd insight. I left 6 inches taller, with increased confidence, team skills and satisfaction.
· Attending this course has been a life changing experience for me. It was very inspirational and I have recommended it to all of my colleagues and friends. The things I learnt will stay with me for the rest of my life and I know they will play a huge role in my future achievements. A big, big thank you to the tutors they were fantastic.
How to apply:
Participant numbers are strictly limited to 36. To gain a place on this prestigious course, please send an email to email@example.com by 21 November explaining in no more than 150 words about why you should be selected to attend this course and develop your leadership skills.