This an opportunity for ESRC funded student researchers who have achieved or show potential in achieving outstanding impacts:
The second annual impact prize call for applications has opened. http://www.esrc.ac.uk/news-and-events/events/celebrating-impact-prize/index.aspx
The Prize is our annual opportunity to celebrate the outstanding economic and social impacts achieved by ESRC-funded researchers. Applications are now welcome and will close at 16.00 on 22 November 2013. Winners receive £10,000 and £5,000 to the second place winners.
Applications are welcome from any current or previously ESRC funded projects, including those funded before 2008.
There are six categories for the ESRC Celebrating Impact Prize:
· Outstanding Impact in Business - research which has generated business impact through successful knowledge exchange and engagement
· Outstanding Impact in Public Policy - research that has contributed to the development of UK public policy, at the local, regional or national government level
· Outstanding Impact in Society - research that has made a contribution benefitting society more widely or a specific group of the public
· Outstanding International Impact - research that has achieved impact at an international level in business, policy or societal issues
· Outstanding Early Career Impact - student researchers who have achieved or show potential in achieving outstanding impacts in any of the above categories
· Impact Champion of the Year - a nominated individual who has a significant personal track record in knowledge exchange and supporting and enabling impact.
To see winners from 2012, http://www.esrc.ac.uk/news-and-events/events/celebrating-impact-prize/prize-winners-2013.aspx